Surgical orthodontics is a series of corrective procedures that are meant to correct jaw misalignment, crooked teeth, etc. Its aims at improving your facial structure and overall aesthetics. An ideal set of teeth should be straight and aligned with no bite problems. This way your teeth function optimally.
Why Your Smile Is Important?
Smiling Relieves Stress And Elevates Moods
Smiling releases endorphins, a hormone that improves your mood. Stress makes you look tired, which shows on your face. Smiling can help us feel better and prevent us from appearing stressed out, overwhelmed, and tired.
Window To Your Soul
People naturally judge others based on their appearance and any preconceived notions we may have about them. One can tell if you are friendly, malicious, or dishonest from the way you smile. If you greet people with a warm smile, they will perceive you as more approachable and open and as someone, they might want to spend more time with. A fake one may cause people to wonder whether they should get to know you.
Psychological Effects Of A Smile
Smiling is said to be contagious. When one smiles, those around them tend to return the smile too. Your brain automatically observes and deciphers the facial expressions of others; occasionally, you may even imitate them. Therefore, you might unintentionally smile when you see someone else smile.
Increase In Confidence
Your confidence may benefit from your cheerful smile as well. When you smile at yourselves in the mirror, you will feel more attractive, successful, and confident. This is so because smiling makes you remember that you are accepted. It also improves how you feel about yourselves generally. Additionally, smiling can increase how positively others perceive you, increasing their level of admiration and respect for you.
Why Surgical Orthodontics?
There are many reasons why patients choose to get surgical orthodontics:
- Fix misaligned jaw.
- Improve bad bites like underbite, overbite, and crossbite.
- Fix chipped, cracked, or broken teeth.
- Improve digestive health.
- Fix receding gums.
- Give you confidence, and make you more sociable.
Many people choose to get surgical orthodontic procedures simply because they are unhappy with how their smile looks. However, surgical orthodontics is also able to improve your gut and dental health by giving you strong and functional teeth.
How Does It Work?
- Chipped tooth issues are managed by a simple bonding procedure where a tooth-colored material is used to reconstruct the missing portion of the tooth.
- Veneers consist of a very thin layer of porcelain, which is placed over your natural tooth to disguise any imperfections.
- Dental crowns made of porcelain or resin are placed over the top of any damaged or broken teeth. They look as good and function just like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants can restore a single or entire set of teeth. Dental implants are root-shaped titanium inserts placed into the jaw bone.
- Jaw correction surgery corrects the shape of one’s jaw. Improper bite issues like overbite or underbite are solved by jaw correction surgery too.
What Are The Risks?
As with any surgery, there are risks associated with surgical orthodontics too. In case of any confusion or emergency, please contact the emergency dental services near you.
Treat Yourself & Get The Smile You’ve Always Wanted With Surgical Orthodontics
Everyone deserves to smile freely. If you are insecure about your smile, come see us at Luccarelli & Barrese Orthodontics in Mineola, NY. We will do everything possible to give you the smile you want!